"Susan's expertise and knowledge of the school system was integral to our child's success and transition to university. She was supportive, knowledgeable, and was committed to our child's success."
Our Educational Consultants are education experts who can help navigate the education system regardless of age or grade level. Our team of seasoned consultants have over 75 years combined experience in the education system.
Educational Consultants partner with the client, their family, and the rehab team to build an understanding of the education system, and to ensure the best possible outcomes for all involved.
Here's just some of what our consultants do:
- Manage school transitions
- Conduct in-services on best practices in meeting the needs of students with brain injury
- Review and advise on the creation and implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
- Attend school meetings, including Identification, Placement, and Review Committee (IPRC) meetings
- Liaise with school officials to build capacity around brain injury and special learning needs
- Conduct educational assessments and make recommendations regarding appropriate accommodations for learning
- Coordinate school placements or transitions to specialized programs
Our consultants build capacity with all stakeholders and act as educational advocates. We understand the system and we're here to help!